Saturday, April 1, 2017

April Challenge

Hello everyone! 

Thank you so much for great challenge participation in March!!
I can say you made it really really hard for me to pick a winner!! 
Keep it up people!!

This month is an easy one, so hope to see lots of you participating!

Here is the April challenge!



HOW TO PLAY

Make a card or tag using the theme given. 
Take a photo of your creation and link it up below.
If you have a blog, write a post about our challenge and link it back to our challenge, including photos of your card or tag.
Please display this storyboard prominently in your blog post so that others may be inspired to play.

ALSO, please display this logo prominently on the sidebar of your blog so that others may join us.


FOLLOW/JOIN  THIS BLOG
 FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM AND TAG YOUR SUBMISSIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITH THE TAG
#PCMCHALLENGES

If you don't have a blog, post your photos on social media and TAG them with #PCMCHALLENGES
If you don't tag them, we will not see them on social media.

Link your blogpost/social media post to the linky below.


Now for some inspiration...

As the theme is anything goes, I decided to make  a Spiderman themed notecard and tag!


For the card, I started by using my oval punch to create the basic shape.
I then used a Steadler XS tip pen to create the web.
For the eyes, I die cut the Impression Obsession spectacles in black and white; Cut the black spectacles in the middle and added the white centres.

I die cut a white square using Simon Says Stamp Stitched squares, to use as the background.
I drew the spider web using a black micro tip pen.
I then adhered it to a kraft 3"x3" kraft card base to make a fun note card.


For the tag, I started by using an Oval die cut.
I drew a spiderweb using a black micro tip pen.

I used the love sign hand from Paper Smooches 'Helping Hands' to create Spiderman's hand!
I drew the spider web on the hand using the same micro tip pen as before, and added it to the centre of the web.
I added a sentiment from Stampendous'  'Cupcake Numbers' stamp set.



I'm quite thrilled the way these two turned out! I hope to have inspired to play with your supplies and create something different!

To inspire you further, I have a fabulous Guest Designer this month...




Hi Friends
Am delighted to guest design here today at ParuCardmaking Challenges. Its such an honor to be invited and Thanks much for the lovely opportunity, Paru.

Little bit about me!

I Am SathyaKala, Toxicologist by Qualification and Passionate Papercraft Enthusiast. Am from Chennai, currently residing at UAE. Married to a wonderful friend and we are blessed with 8 year son. 

Am inclined towards art forms from childhood. Its much with Dance and Music in earlier part of my childhood with coloring, embroidery being my favorite hobby. When i stumbled upon a Food-Art blog in 2011, i discovered my passion for Quilling, which led me to where am today.

I dabble with different art forms - Quilling, Cardmaking, Mixed media, Coloring and Brush Lettering. This keeps things fresh and my mind inventive. I find that one passion crosses over the next, giving a different spin to it.

You can find me at my blog : Paperie Expressions and at Instagram : sathyakala.23 

This month’s theme is  "Anything Goes" at PCM and i have come up with a Mixed media card and a Tag.




 First up is Mixed media Card.
                                                                       



Made a mixed media square card. Lot of stamping , stenciling and texture pastes on the background.
Floral cluster along with tinted cheesecloth, twine bow are made on a doily.
Few vellum butterflies, generous splashes of white gesso and few clear droplets are added as finishing touches.

Next up is a Simple Tag.

                     

Made a simple Tag, with watercolor bg using Brusho crystals.
Stamped leaves stamp using Green archival ink followed by Watereffects Stamp using black archival ink.
Sentiment is stamped over Vellum and added with few vellum butterflies.
As a final touch, added glossy accents to few raindrops.

I hope you feel inspired to play along this month’s Challenge - "Anything goes”

Cheers,
Sathya


THE PRIZES

As always, we have our fabulous sponsors giving away some amazing prizes!

A fabulous goodie bag  from




and a Stampset worth Rs. 975/- from 



The winner will be announced on the 28th of April, so don't forget to stop by!

Please link up your creations below.

To be eligible to win a prize, please follow all the instructions carefully...
you will find them above and in under 'how to play' in the right sidebar.


Thanks so much for stopping by...
Have a great day and have lots of fun!!

Paru Mahtani







4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely opportunity, Paru. Its such an honor to Guest Design at your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. everyone's all time favorite theme. thank you paru and lovely inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very innovative spiderman card and tag Paru M'am...And Lovely Inspiration by Sathya..love the vellum butterfies..
    Love
    Richa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!