Friday, June 1, 2018

June 2018 Challenge

Hello!!!
Thank you all so much for your amazing creativity for the May Mother's Day Challenge!

Father's Day is on June 17th 2018. 
So here is your chance to make a fun masculine card or tag.

Here is the challenge for June 2018



HOW TO PLAY

Make a card or tag using the theme given. 
Take a photo of your creation and link it up below.
If you have a blog, write a post about our challenge and link it back to our challenge, including photos of your card or tag.
Please display this storyboard prominently in your blog post so that others may be inspired to play.

ALSO, please display this logo prominently on the sidebar of your blog so that others may join us.


FOLLOW/JOIN  THIS BLOG
 FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM AND TAG YOUR SUBMISSIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITH THE TAG
#PCMCHALLENGES

If you don't have a blog, post your photos on social media and TAG them with #PCMCHALLENGES
If you don't tag them, we will not see them on social media.

VERY IMPORTANT
PLEASE Link your blogpost/social media post to the linky below.

INSPIRATION

I have some fun cards for Dad this month!

For the first two cards, I have used the most beautiful floral card stock from 'My Happy Packs'..my wonderful sponsor for the month!
Who says floral is not masculine???

For the first card, 
I started out with a die cut square (Simon Says Stamp stitched squares) of the floral card stock whcih I adhered to a 5"x5" square card base.
To this, I adhered a stamped, coloured and fussy cut image from 
the Craftangles 'Dad you rock' stamp set.
I stamped the sentiment (also from the same set) onto white cardstock and adhered it to the card using 3D foam tape.
I die cut the work Dad using a Simon Says Stamp die and adhered it to the floral panel,
 to finish the card.
I wanted to create a whimsical scene of happiness and fun between a father and daughter.


For the second card, I started off again with another die cut square (Simon Says Stamp Stitched squares) floral panel.which I adhered to a 5"x5"square card base 
To this I added the MFT dienamics Open road die cut.
I then die cut and adhered the Volkswagon bus (from Flora and Fauna clear) using 3 D foam tape, 
to the panel.
I die cut and adhered the word Dad (Simon Says Stamp) and finished the card with this cute sentiment from Technique Tuesday.

In both the cards, I think, the paper does all the work!



For the next card, I started out by stamping the Impression Obsession 'Map' stamp using Versafine Smokey Grey ink onto white card stock.
I then watercoloured the map...something I've never done before!
I just love how it turned out!
I then die cut the map using Simon Says Stamp stitched circle dies.
I then die cut and embossed the compass using the Recollections 'Nautical' die set, 
from white card stock, and adhered it to the centre of the map using 3D foam tape.
I then die cut the word Dad (Simon Says Stamp) and adhered it to the top of the map.
to finish the card, I printed out the sentiment and adhered it to the card using 3D foam tape.


I had a bit of the map scrap left over, so I used my PTI bookmark die to cut it out.
I cut out two panels, so I could use it like a tag.
I stamped a simple sentiment and image from 
Three Room Studio
which just seemed perfect for this bookmark tag.
What do you think?







To inspire you further, I have the amazing




Good Morning!
I'm excited to be the Guest designer for the June challenge at Paru's Card Making Challenges
where the theme is MASCULINE.
I decided to use some Essentials by Ellen product from the latest release (and and older one, too!) and my favourite, Catherine Pooler inks.

Plaids and straight lines are often featured in masculine cards, so I started by using Plaid Maker to create a bold plaid background with Melon Ice.
This may not always be considered a 'masculine' colour, but teaming it up with black and grey definitely gives it a modern masculine look. I ended the plaid on one edge to leave room for my sentiment.
I stamped the biggest stripe with Black Jack ink to create a border between the plaid and my sentiment area.

I added accents with Black Jack and stamped my sentiment (from Totally Random Sayings, volume 2) in midnight ink.
These big bold letters are perfect for masculine cards!
I stamped and die cut a coffee cup from Oh Frappe and created a coffee sleeve with a piece of white card stock I had stamped with the white solid square stamp in Melon Ice ink.
I tied my tag in to the card by using a lot of the same elements. My plaid is smaller, to reflect the smaller size of the tag and I used the same stripe, a sold area of Melon Ice inking and the little heart with stickles in it.


We hope you have been inspired by our creations!! 
I can't wait to see what you make!

THE PRIZES

A paper pack from 



and 

A Rs.1500 gift voucher 
from me from an 
Indian Craft store of your choice!



The challenge will run till the 25th of June...
The winners will be announced on the 28th of June.
Don't forget to stop by!

Please link up your creations below.

To be eligible to win a prize, please follow all the instructions carefully...
you will find them above and in under 'how to play' in the right sidebar.


Thanks so much for stopping by...
Have a great day!

Paru Mahtani




6 comments:

  1. Lovely cards by Paru and So glad to see Ardyth as a Guest. Great ideas for masculine cards. I wanted to focus on making few.. and you have given me the carrot :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards ,I loved the use of floral patterned papers to create masculine cards .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful DT inspirations and many thanks for this fun challenge!!!

    Hugs
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives (#18 – National Colours)
    *DT* Die Traumfabrik

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! Amazing challenge and I love these creative ideas of incorporating floral pattern paper to masculine theme cards...... Such lovely crafty inspirations....thanks so much for sharing this awesome challenge.....

    Hugs
    Dr Monika Tripathi Shukla
    UrooCreations

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!