Thursday, June 1, 2017

June Challenge

Hello !!! 

Thank you so much for a great challenge participation in May!!
This month we have a fabulous sponsor!! 
Though we may not have their product (I don't), I have created a challenge that will ensure that you have A LOT of fun!!

Here is the June  challenge!


An INTERACTIVE CARD is any card which had an element that moves or pops up or slides or shakes..something that makes you interact with the card!

HOW TO PLAY

Make a card or tag using the theme given. 
Take a photo of your creation and link it up below.
If you have a blog, write a post about our challenge and link it back to our challenge, including photos of your card or tag.
Please display this storyboard prominently in your blog post so that others may be inspired to play.

ALSO, please display this logo prominently on the sidebar of your blog so that others may join us.


FOLLOW/JOIN  THIS BLOG
 FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM AND TAG YOUR SUBMISSIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA WITH THE TAG
#PCMCHALLENGES

If you don't have a blog, post your photos on social media and TAG them with #PCMCHALLENGES
If you don't tag them, we will not see them on social media.

Link your blogpost/social media post to the linky below.


Now for some inspiration...

I had a blast making the inspiration cards for this challenge!
I hope you will enjoy them too!
I am no good at putting up tutorials,
so you can find the links to the tutorials for these cards here.

The first card I made is a

WHEEL  SHAKER CARD

To make this card
I started out with the Simon Says Stamp 'Fish and bowl' stamp and die set.
Using the die in the set, I created a shaker element which has acetate on both sides.
In between the acetate, I cut some coloured vellum and sandwiched it to give the appearance of water. I added sequins ( I should have added more!) from 'Dress my Craft' and A1 Craft Supply.
I also stamped and die cut some fish and added them to the bowl..one on the inside and one on the outside.
I created the spinner mechanism as shown in this video by Sandy Allnock.

I finished the card with a sentiment from the same stamp set.

This was super fun to make and I hope you will try it!









The second card is made is  a 


This too was just too much fun to make!!

You will find a full tutorial here.

To make this card, I have used stamps from 
Altenew's 'To the Moon' stamp set and My Favourite things 'Space Explorer' stamp set.
To colour, I used Camlin watercolours and Staedler water colour pencils.
The dies I used are from Spellbinders. 
I used a white gel pen to add the stars and the little highlights.
I used queen and company circle frame dies to create a border around the window 
and added black self adhesive gemstones for interest.











Do try out this card..You will love it!

To inspire you some more, 
we have a fabulous card maker who makes the most extraordinary interactive cards.

Our Guest designer today is
Sindhura

Hello everyone!
My name is Sindhura and I blog at Paperminty.

First, I would like to thank Paru for this wonderful opportunity.

I was thrilled when I saw the

GD invitation mail in my inbox. :)

Since the challenge for this month is to create an Interactive card.

  I made a pop-up card and a shaker tag.

I created a cute, fun scene on the card. Here it is...

First, I stamped all the images on Strathmore Bristol Smooth cardstock and coloured them

with Zig markers; then fussy cut them all out. I also die cut a few stips of grass.

I sponged some ink with the help of a die-cut stencil to make clouds in the background



This is how the pop-up opens on the inside of the card.




The next is the shaker tag...

To make this tag, I die cut a number of tag with windows die cuts. I did this to avoid using

foam tape. I backed all the stacked die cuts with a patterned paper. I adhered the adorable

elephants to finish the tag. I used the clear sequins as I didn't want them to be too distracting.



I hope you like what I made and you will participate in the challenge. 
Good luck, friends.




I hope you have been inspired to dive in and make an Interactive card.
There are lots of resources on YouTube so check it out and let's see those shakers, sliders, pop-ups, box cards and any other cards that you can think of!!
I can't wait!

THE PRIZES

As always, we have our fabulous sponsors giving away some amazing prizes!


One animation stamp set and One animation die cut 
from



and

This fabulous prize from






The winner will be announced on the 28th of June, so don't forget to stop by!

Please link up your creations below.

To be eligible to win a prize, please follow all the instructions carefully...
you will find them above and in under 'how to play' in the right sidebar.


Thanks so much for stopping by...
Have a great day and have lots of fun!!

Paru Mahtani







8 comments:

  1. Is it necessary to have a blog???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. You can post on social media and and add the link here. Please tag #pcmchallenges when posting on social media.

      Delete
  2. Brilliant is the word, Paru! Both the cards! Live them to the core.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards !! I love sindhu's cute Pop-cards .Thanks a lot for sharing two very interesting interactive cards Paru,off to check the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unable to watch the wheel shaker video .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please try again after some time or else you can see it on FB.

      Delete
  5. Hi! I just realised I forgot to include your graphic in my blog post (for my unicorn card - number 21). I've just fixed that :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by! I would love to hear from you!